Friday, March 25, 2011

stray notes from my desk / unable to throw them away I put them here

the key is fooling yourself. My doctor gave me a placebo / never underestimate the power of a placebo, he said, his one eye drooping

Sacrifice is a sign

Explaining my gay marriage with a Chinese character

comeuppance/high dudgeon, and what is this about boots to hide the gazelle-like ankles

Mexican girls smoking small cigars and wearing masculine hats, that’s what makes the world go round

He who has recovered from a distant sickness
An audience of chairs

German food is alive and well

And when the doors bulge & split, we erect a fence and hoard our modest hopes behind the border

The Dead/Araby/Where are you going, where have you been/George Saunders

pockets we care deeply

I would like to get fat and wear military fatigues while sitting in a quiet, carpeted room with the xenophobia shades down smoking cigarettes and drinking red wine like in the old days

A guy walks into a bar and there is no one there to get the joke

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

Apropos the last note: That must be some joke!
:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails