Monday, February 21, 2011

better relatives

The only thing worse than movies about soccer is actual soccer.
The only thing worse than affixing the adjective 'shadowy' to the noun 'recesses' is affixing the adjective 'dark.'
The only thing worse than a cheap wine is an expensive wine that tastes like shit.
The only thing worse than a sledding accident is a deliberate sledding suicide attempt that leaves you mangled and unable to go to the potty alone but nevertheless alive.


(I actually loved Ethan Frome.)

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I loved Ethan Frome, too.

Robert Mc said...

I always thought that "dark recesses" would be playing four-square and kick-ball on the starlit playground.

Radish King said...

jajajajaja


this is great.


that's my affected Swedish laugh.

Susan said...

I do prefer cheap wine to expensive wine that tastes like shit.

Or, one could just say *to hell with it* and drink bourbon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails