Wednesday, January 19, 2011

electric slumber

It was my day off and I finished Mrs. Dalloway, which was excellent. I got two false starts in other bad books before beginning it, and it was like a balm on all that awfulness.

I also went downtown and bought some stuff.

When I got back, I had an email from an ezine that uses audio and they wanted to know if Sloat rhymes with goat. Yes, it does! It does, gladly and without resistance.

I have a poem up at Eclectica, along with my friend Toni Clark. It’s a graveyard poem, as always on my rambles through Frankfurt’s gorgeous cemetery.

Otherwise the day went too fast and where did it go? To the minnows and swallows and people who cheat on their taxes. And I did have to make two work-related phone calls. And take two dog walks.

Next up: Schnitzel.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Love the poem. Like you, I love cemeteries!

Jeff said...

The image of the stone as "an errant reference tab" - was perfectly put. After all, isn't that what they are?

Thanks again for your good work!

- Jeff

Related Posts with Thumbnails