Thursday, December 23, 2010

super sad true story

On Tuesday night, the night she was supposed to fly, my sister had to cancel her Christmas visit because of European airport chaos. Poor us! My mother, who was to fly the same day, didn’t have to cancel, but won’t be here until Dec. 26. I’m considering taking a bunch of sleeping pills tonight and waking up Dec. 26. Sorry, I just pretty much had all the holiday joy sucked out of me. I'd put up the video of Elvis singing 'Blue Christmas,' but I hate Elvis. On the upside, I have earned great sympathy from my husband and kids.

Also nice is the deal with my son. I told him that for Christmas I’d like him to read two books for me, and after browsing though my Young Adult expert’s bookshelves (thanks NE), managed to find a couple titles available in German, both by Rick Yancey: The Monstrumologist and The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp. I am happy because I think my son may actually like these books.

I got books for my daughter, too, but she never needs her arm twisted. She went with me to pick up a Yancey book I ordered yesterday and came up to me at the cashier with an armload of “interesting books,” “just to show me,” you know, for my interest...

2 comments:

Kass said...

Sorry about your Christmas blues. Hope you garner some cheer from your family after the sympathy wears off.

Kathleen said...

Don't sit under the mistletoad with anyone else but me, anyone else but me....

So, there is some silliness to make you smile, perhaps crookedly.

So sorry about the travel complications. We have family coming on Dec. 26, too, so I am just thinking of it as Christmas kindly lingering.

Related Posts with Thumbnails