Tuesday, October 06, 2009

sugarfist


I got my share of rejections over the past couple weeks and if you seem to be missing some, I got yours, too. But Whiskey Island accepted two poems that I was really happy about – “To Long Division,” and “Riding Backwards on the Train,” and RHINO recently accepted two of my home totem poems - “Steam” and “sPonge.” I've been in both journals once before, and they're terrific. That's RHINO's rhino that I've borrowed.

Elsewhere, Literary Bohemian also wrote to say they nominated my prose poem(s) “Attending the Tasting” for Best of the Net. Literary Bohemian is a beautiful and novel publication, so I was heartened. In a last bit of news, I have some fragments up in the new issue of Fraglit.

I’m counting down the days until the kids and I fly to Amerika for our annual family shindig. Today the number is 3!

7 comments:

Charmi said...

Congratulations, Sarah! Fabulous news all around.

Kass said...

You are one of the most wildly creative writers I've EVER read! - so happy for your publishing success - wish you were flying my way - I'd put you up in my cabin and see what literary gems you might come up with - Kass

Ron. said...

Ooooh.... I remember that train poem. Marvelous. Salute.

I sensed a certain anticipatory tingle in the national air. I'll be waving at every plane I see (of course, we're kinda off most flight paths here...)

SarahJane said...

thanks, folks.
Ron., I'm surprised you remember it! Watch the planes tomorrow!

Dana said...

Yays!

nathan said...

Congratulations, Sarah... looks like we'll be sharing some space in RHINO next year. Looking forward to the issue.

SarahJane said...

yeah for us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails